It’s my first food contest!
Hodgson Mill sent me a box of pasta to create an original pepperoni pasta salad recipe. I knew right away what I was going to make! It’s a base recipe that I first had many years ago that a friend brought to a party. I’ve changed it up a lot to make it my own and I have to admit that it is de-lish! Even my mom said it was the best pasta salad she has ever eaten when I served it the other night!
Pepperoni & Cheese Pasta Salad made with Hodgson Mill Whole Wheat Whole Grain Bow Tie Pasta. The pasta is All Natural, Made In America, Non-GMO and made with Premium Whole Wheat.
- 10oz box of Hodgson Mill Whole Wheat Bow Tie Pasta
- 6oz sliced pepperoni cut into pieces
- 6oz provolone cheese sliced into pieces
- 2 mini zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1/2 small onion, thinly sliced with rings
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped
- 1/4c grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2c olive oil
- 1tsp dried oregano
- 1tsp dried basil
- 1 clove garlic
- Cook pasta according to instructions. Rinse with cold water and drain again.
- In large mixing bowl combine pasta, pepperoni, provolone cheese, zucchini, onion, red & green peppers, and Parmesan cheese.
- For dressing combine olive oil, oregano, basil, and garlic. Mix well.
- Pour dressing over pasta and toss lightly to coat.
- Chill in fridge for at least 4 hours.
A good recipe to play around with. You could mix up any style deli meat, a different cheese or change around the veggies. I use the ones that I know my kids will eat!
And even though it is cool like a summer pasta salad, I think it would be pretty at the holidays with the red and green.
It makes a decent amount so plenty to share!
Do you have a favorite pasta salad you make?
Check out all Hodgson Mill products to see what you can create.
To make it more fun around here we are going to add a giveaway!
WIN an assortment of Hodgson Mill Whole Wheat Pasta Products