Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich Cookies
This Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich Cookies recipe was created for O’Bear. My picky nine year old who doesn’t love any cookie except peanut butter AND who will take pb&j sandwiches to school everyday. This is for you buddy!
Santa Cruz Organic sent me a variety of products to get my creative juices flowing. I thought of many recipes I could concoct with their organic products, but for some reason I couldn’t stop thinking about putting peanut butter and jelly together…in a cookie. This was a fun experiment!
Introducing my Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich Cookies!
Guess what? It is Gluten-Free. I wanted to make it as healthy as I could! It is also almost entirely Organic.
Besides the ingredients, which I will share in a minute, you just need tiny cookie cutters to make the center. If you don’t have any, I suppose using a knife to cut out the center will work just fine.
I ended up making sandwiches and single cookies – both peanut butter and jelly.
I know you want this yummy recipe. And it REALLY is yummy!
- 1c Almond Flour
- 1/2c Santa Cruz Organic Light Roasted Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/4c Raw Honey
- 2T Coconut Oil
- 1t Pure Vanilla
- 1/2t Sea Salt
- 1/2t Cinnamon
- 1/4t Baking Soda
- Santa Cruz Organic Fruit Spread, as needed
- In bowl combine dry ingredients – almond flour, sea salt, cinnamon, baking soda.
- In another bowl combine wet ingredients – peanut butter, honey, coconut oil, vanilla.
- Fold together.
- Important! Form into balls and press down slightly to cookie shape. They will not get much bigger. If you forget to press they will stay in the ball shape.
- Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes.
- When cool, use mini cookie cutter to form a hole in the middle.
- For single cookies – do not have the cookie cutter punch through the other side or the jelly will fall out!
- For sandwiches – use cookie cutter on half the cookies and leave the other half whole. Take the whole cookie and put a small dab of fruit spread in the middle. Place a cookie with a hole on top and let the jelly come through.
This recipe doesn’t make a whole lot and they went FAST at my house! I’m going to make them again very soon because I couldn’t stay out of them. The peanut butter cookie is good by itself, but I’ll tell you that bite of jelly really adds a lot! Yum Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich Cookies! You make me happy!
Make it fun with the cookie cutters and different designs – and change up the fruit spread flavor and colors! Different themes for different times of year 🙂
Thank you Santa Cruz Organic for healthy products with no hydrogenated oils, no added sugars and no artificial ingredients!
Also check out my Organic Thumbprint Cookies made with Santa Cruz Organic too!
I received these items for free for review and all opinions are my own.