Easy Organic Cinnamon Chocolate Fudge
Several months ago I received a surprise package in the mail. It was a bag of Chia Seeds from my brother! He wanted to share with me this new healthy food that is easy to add to a variety of foods ~ benefits for you without any extra work or taste.
What is a Chia Seed? Chia seeds are one of the most powerful, functional, and nutritious superfoods in the world! The chia seed is an excellent source of fiber, packed with antioxidants, full of protein, loaded with vitamins and minerals, and the richest known plant source of omega-3.
A few weeks ago I was introduced to Salba® ~ the most nutrient dense and most nutritionally consistent form of Chia on the market today.
- 8x More Omega-3s than Salmon
- 30% More Antioxidants than Blueberries
- 25% More Fiber than Flax Seed
- 6x More Calcium then Whole Milk
- 2x More Potassium than a Banana
- 15x More Magnesium than Broccoli?
Shall I go on?
What I love love about Salba is how EASY it is! I can add a 1/2 teaspoon to my morning yogurt. Another in my evening smoothie. And I can take it further to put in my oatmeal, soups, sandwiches. Anything!
Today I baked with it. For my chocolate lovers…
A Simple, Fast, Easy, Recipe for Chocolate Fudge with Cinnamon
|Easy Organic Cinnamon Chocolate Fudge||
- 3c organic Powered Sugar
- 1/2c organic Cocoa Powder, unsweetened
- 1t organic ground Cinnamon
- 1/4c organic Milk
- 1/2c organic Butter
- 1 1/2t organic Vanilla Extract
- 1/2c organic Walnuts, bits & pieces (optional)
- 2T organic ground Salba (optional)
- In bowl combine powdered sugar, cocoa powder, Salba & cinnamon.
- On stove melt butter with milk. Add vanilla.
- Remove from heat and combine sugar mix. Add walnuts & stir together.
- Place in an 8×8 foil lined pan. Be sure to grease the foil for easy removal.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour until firm. Remove and cut into 12 squares or make fun shapes with cookie cutters like we did!
There is a variety of Salba products – from chips and salsa (a family fav!) to pretzels, potato crisps, and of course the Salba Seed itself which comes in ground or whole grain ~ in organic too!
Lots of ideas for recipes can be found on the Salba site to help get you started.
WIN a variety box of Salba Smart products!