We’ve talked a lot about getting our children to eat fruit and veggies on this blog, especially in the last month or so when I shared a couple of easy dinner ideas that gets kids to have fun choosing what they want.
When laying out options…with pretty colors…it looks more enticing don’t you think?
Produce for Kids is an organization that provides tools and resources for busy parents looking to embrace a healthy lifestyle and incorporate more fresh fruits and vegetables into their families’ daily diets.
Exactly what we’ve been talking about!
The Produce for Kids website has just been totally redesigned to make it an even greater resource for parents and their kids. With more recipes, more nutritional information and more ways to communicate with other parents, the site is better than ever!
I loooove reading new recipe ideas from other parents and I know you do too!
Today is their Virtual Launch and they want you to come celebrate!
Here are some more details about the fantastic new resources for parents and kids on the redesigned site:
- New Ideal Meals: the recipe section of the website contains easy-to-prepare complete meals (main dish and sides) approved by Estela Schnelle, the official Produce for Kids registered dietitian. Ideal Meals offer healthy meal options for the whole family and feature fresh produce as the main ingredients. ProduceforKids.com now boasts more than 120 complete meals covering breakfast, snack, lunch, dinner and dessert.
- Parents on Produce® Blog: Known as “Real Advice for Parents by Parents,” Parents on Produce (P.O.P) is a blog where parents can find simple tips from PFK P.O.P. Board Members to make healthy eating stress-free and fun, and take the guesswork out of ways to prepare healthy meals that kids will actually eat and love. Parents are encouraged to comment on blog articles and share them through social media outlets to keep the healthy eating conversation going.
- Produce Tips: Curious about how to pick, store and prep different fruits and veggies? Check out the Produce Tips section of ProduceforKids.com for tips straight from the growers to learn how to maximize the life of produce.
- The latest news: Want more information about when the Produce for Kids grocery store campaigns start or which supermarket chains are participating? Curious about other companies spreading the healthy eating message? Check out the news section for updates from Produce for Kids and its partners.
- Produce for Kids Forum: Have questions for the Produce for Kids experts? Want to talk with peers about getting the kiddies to eat healthy, trade exercise ideas and cooking tips, or chat about the joys of motherhood? The Produce for Kids Forum provides a place to ask questions, chat and learn from others. Current conversations include healthy back-to-school snacks and produce tips.
Come check it out ~ you’ll see me on there (CrunchyBeachMama of course!) asking my own questions and offering tips.
The Virtual Launch Party will include community forums, recipe sharing, Pinterest and Facebook posting that all ends in a Twitter Party that the Produce for Kids Parents on Produce board members will be hosting and answering your questions.
Produce for Kids will be randomly selecting forum participants to receive $25 gift card giveaways during the virtual launch!
Follow Produce for Kids on Twitter and use hashtag #ProduceForKids tomorrow at 9pm EST!
What do you want to learn more about at Produce for Kids?
I partnered with Produce for Kids for this post. All opinions are my own.