This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Carton Smart for SocialSpark. All opinions are 100% mine.
When you go grocery shopping do you look for foods that are sold in Tetra Pak cartons? I do!
Did you know?
- Tetra Pak® cartons are made of 70% paper, a renewable resource, from selectively harvested, re-grown trees that are FSC-certified (Forest Stewardship Council).
- Cartons use 1/3 of the packaging compared to cans…or even an egg!
- Cartons are space saving. Easy to store and stack.
- The unique packaging process preserves the flavor and nutrients of food without the use of preservatives.
- Recycleable and in fact result in 60% less landfill waste than cans.
- Cartons are re-closable so you can use what you need and save the rest for later.
If everyone bought at least one product this holiday season in a Tetra Pak carton, just think of the impact it could make. Start small, but it all adds up.
Here are some suggestions ~ Pacific Foods Organic Pumpkin Puree
I’m going to make pumpkin pie with it for Christmas. We had apple at Thanksgiving and I’m craving a pumpkin!
Pacific Foods Organic Jellied Cranberry Sauce
There is a good recipe on the carton for Cranberry Pecan Bars. Sounds yummy!
I had been looking at all the leftover turkey in my fridge for too long when the Pacific Foods Organic Chicken Simply Stock arrived.
I was craving my mom’s homemade chicken noodle soup and thought perfect! I’m going to make Turkey Noodle Soup.
The secret which makes it so good is the Reames frozen noodles. I boiled them in the Organic Chicken Stock and added the chopped turkey, celery, carrots and onion. oh and seasonings of course!
I was sad there was no leftovers. For the recipe, add a cup of broth for every person (or two if you want more later!). I recommend at least six though, with the bag of noodles and add your veggies and flavor to meet your taste.
Become Carton Smart this holiday season!
Follow #CartonSmart on Pinterest and Tweet @CartonSmart