Last month I introduced you to one of our favorite new storybook apps Laura’s Journey to the Stars. We love it because it’s not just a story, but the pages are very interactive!
There is a whole series of Laura stories and the adventures she goes on with her brother Tommy. We just downloaded Laura’s Star and the Dream-Monster which is perfect for the toddler, preschooler, kindergarten age.
Laura and her little brother Tommy are on a mystical adventure as they sail into night sky in search of the dream world
to find Tommy’s missing toy dog! With a little magic from Laura’s special star, the sibling duo drift off into the clouds to
the City of Dreams where they ward off the dream monsters and rescue Tommy’s toy dog.
It’s easy to follow along with the narrator while he reads, but at the same time our fingertips are touching each little icon to see what it will do…sparkling stars, drums that play, airplanes that fly, and even a maze we have to navigate to help Laura and Tommy find their way home.
Features of Laura’s Star and the Dream-Monsters include:
- Beautifully drawn illustrations by the popular children’s book illustrator Klaus Baumgart
- More than 60 animated scenes, clever sound effects, and interactive mini games
- Captivating narration by native speakers in three languages: English, German, and Mandarin Chinese
- Intuitive, child-friendly controls suitable for ages two to five
- Social media sharing, volume and language controls, and library panel accessible via the title page’s teddy bear
- No in-app purchases
If you need some fun new apps for the little ones check out both Laura stories. You can’t beat the illusations and interactive pictures ~ that is what makes an app great right?! 🙂
Laura’s Star and the Dream-Monsters is available now for purchase for $2.99
Google Play: http://bit.ly/1mTwiGt
I was compensated for my app review and all opinions are my own.