First I have to thank you to these great bloggers for putting up with my endless questions…And Baby Makes Three! who has become my true blogging friend and helped me set-up and more. Eco-Friendly and Frugal, who gave me tons of great starting tips. And My Crafty Mom who has been helping with design now and maybe a new look in the future! Check them out 🙂
Let me tell you what I’ve learned this past week…
– That there are TONS of blogs out there!! Wow! And TONS of giveaways! I’ve entered so many lately that I better win something!
– That I need a new computer! My dinosaur aged one can’t handle every one’s images, buttons, backgrounds, etc. It gets so overwhelmed!
– That I don’t like the way Blog Hops seem to work. Yes I love it when someone visits my blog and follows me (Thank you soooo much!) but do you know how many blogs I visited, made sure I checked out their blog, read a post, commented, and how many I received back? The ratio is low. But putting that aside, they bother me because 1) most people are coming here to just Google Follow me and never return and vice versea. 2) my biggest peeve – leave me a comment on a post that only says ‘I’m following you so follow me’ without even reading what my blog or the post is about.
There has to be a better way to do Hops. Maybe I should start one and the rules will be
– only follow a blog that you have some interest in and know you will return one day
– please take the time to read a post and write a genuine comment.
– after your genuine comment it’s ok to say I’m a new follower but leave it at that and don’t babble on because good people will check you out in return.
I was irked more than once this week from the Hops . With that being said, I made some good friends and connections this way too 🙂
– That I don’t understand Twitter at all! So when you reply or tag someone they don’t really see that? Then what’s the point of replying and tagging? What am I missing here?
– That Facebook fan pages should have more to them. I want to get emailed when someone “likes” me or leaves a comment on my Wall. I want to be able to “like” people through my fan page. I want to keep track of other blogs through FB without it mixing into my personal account. This frustrates me because I use and like FB a lot but it doesn’t seem to be the first choice for bloggers.
– What was the most important thing I learned? That blogging is ADDICTING and I love it! 🙂
Thank you to everyone who visited me this week. I am truly honored that you even clicked into here to check out what I was doing. Please keep continuing to spread the word ~ and I still have that great pair of Babylegs to give away. Keep ’em coming! 🙂