We can’t forget what Christmas is all about. Sometimes we need to be reminded in all of the hussle and bussle the holiday brings. A great way to bond with the kids and to bring up why we celebrate Christmas is through books.
GoBible, the leader in audio Bibles, is introducing Ani-Mates which are talking stuffed animals that read over 30 preloaded, professionally recorded children’s Bible stories.
The Ani-Mates-a bear and a puppy, with a lamb coming for the Easter season-feature mouths that move in simulated speaking as digitally recorded Bible stories play through hidden speakers. Plus, with the download of a free app, children can watch the stories come to life on a smart phone as they listen to the stories being told!
- Variety—Over 30 children’s Bible stories, preloaded and professionally recorded, offering more than an hour of listening
- Production Quality—Stories told by kids to kids, featuring sound effects that enhance the listening experience.
- Flexibility—A toggle switch hidden in the Ani-Mate’s paw lets users quickly select a particular tale from more than 30 stories, no need to play all the way through to hear a favorite.
- Personalization—With the push of a hidden button, parents, grandparents or friends can record a 20-second greeting for the toy’s recipient, and it plays each time the Ani-Mate is turned on.
- Visual Experience—Each Ani-Mate features a cord that connects the toy to a smart phone. Download a free app, and a child can hear the story told and watch pictures from it on the smart phone screen. (The bear and puppy’s paws are designed to clutch the phone and hold it upright for a fun viewing experience.)
- More Stories and Features—With additional apps for sale, the Ani-Mate continues to add to its library of Bible stories and visuals.
- Communication—Connected to any cell phone, Ani-Mates act as a speaker (with the mouth moving with the sounds) so a child can hear a parent, grandparent or friend’s voice “spoken” by their toy . . . and they can reply to the caller through the Ani-Mate as well.
- Quiet Listening—An earphone jack allows a child to enjoy stories from their Ani-Mate in any setting, without disturbing those nearby.
Love this new addition to our house. All the boys help choose which story they’d like to listen too each evening. We are excited for the app to come out and we’ll be able to see pictures as we listen!
Look for Ani-Mates to be available this month!
The Perfect Christmas Pageant by Joyce Meyer
I reviewed Wonderfully Made earlier this year from this series and we love it. Excited to see a Christmas story!
When Hayley Hippo is asked to direct the annual Christmas pageant, she decides this will be her Christmas gift to Jesus and she sets out to make everything perfect. However, after a series of disappointing mishaps, Hayley and her friends learn that they don’t need to be perfect. They realize that Christmas is not about the glittering lights, the perfect setting, or an impressive show, but about Christ.
Peace on Earth, A Christmas Collection by Mary Engelbreit
Don’t you just love Mary Engelbriet?
Mary Engelbreit rings in the holiday with a Christmas collection that includes many of her favorite carols, the story of Jesus’ birth, and beloved poems that touch the heart and celebrate the miracle of the season.
Who doesn’t love Veggie Tales? Combined with knights and vikings? A pleaser at my house!
Three titles include Princess Petunia and the Good Knight, Junior Battles to Be His Best, and What’s Up With Lyle?
A bible story book to add to your collection!
23 best-loved Bible stories including Noah, Esther, and Jesus’ birth, are featured in this deluxe edition of The Berenstain Bears Storybook Bible.This deluxe edition is packaged in a slipcase box and includes the full storybook Bible with audio CD that will enhance the reading experience and make a perfect gift for kids ages 4-8.
This month is all about Giving Thanks. The Berenstain Bears show us how they do!
The Berenstain Bears Thanksgiving Blessings Ride along with the Bear family on Thanksgiving Day as Brother and Sister learn about all the things they—and YOU—can be thankful for … including faith, family, and the huge feast waiting for them at the end of their journey to Gramp’s and Gran’s. Includes a sheet of colorful stickers featuring the whole Bear family.
My big boys love reading bible stories with me. This is a great devotional to add to our nightly reading.
Based on the eye-opening best-selling series, this 90-day devotional for kids ages 9-12 explores the life of Jesus and what it means to be a Christian, while also tackling tough questions kids ask about God. For kids who want to learn more about their faith so they can share with others, this devotional uses light-hearted prose, illustrations, historical facts, research and true stories to bring to life the miracles, ministry and way of life of Jesus.
Ani-Mates Bible Bear (RV $49.95)
All 6 Zonderkidz books! (ARV $62)
I received these items for free for review and all opinions are my own. This giveaway will end on November 23, 2013 at midnight EST. Winners will be drawn via rafflecopter. Once a winner is drawn I will contact them and they will have 48 hours to reply before I draw a new winner. Giveaway is open to anyone in US and you must be 18 years of age or older. Giveaway not affiliated with Facebook & I release them of liability. Winner will be posted in the rafflecopter widget.