Sometimes we have a little fun in our family when it comes to food. I have 1 great eater, 1 ok eater, and 1 eater that I wish did better. I like introducing new foods, especially healthy ones! The hard part is getting them to take that first bite.
I have to admit that I’ve never been a huge brussels sprouts fan. My mom would make them and I’d turn my nose up. I decided to give them a shot one night and googled some ideas on how to prepare them. I found a recipe that I liked and tweeked it a bit and voila! It is GOOD!
I wanted the kids to try them out so I made a joke that I was going to fix something Ugly for dinner. They were eagerly anticipating what I was going to make…
Ugly Roasted Brussels Sprouts Recipe That Your Kids WILL Eat! I hope!
- 1 lb brussels sprouts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp minced garlic or to your liking
- 1 tsp sea salt
- pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Trim ends of brussels sprouts and cut in half if needed
- Mix all ingredients in bowl together until brussels sprouts are coated
- Place on baking sheet to cook.
- Put timer on for 35 minutes, but every 7 minutes or so go and move them around so they get roasted all over.
- They are done when very browned. I like them when I can see them starting to blacken. The crisper the better!
ALL my boys ate them and LIKED them! We’ve had them a couple of times now. They have great flavor and are crispy!
You need to try them with your kids and let me know what they think!